Jun 10, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Some exciting news out of Philadelphia, the Drexel Dragons will participate in the 2015 Preseason WNIT in November. The official match-ups and game times will be announced by the WNIT on June 16. But, here is what we do know.
Drexel, making is third Preseason WNIT appearance, is one of 16 teams that selected to participate in the field which includes: Alabama State (SWAC); Baylor (Big 12); Chattanooga (Southern); Dartmouth (Ivy); DePaul (Big East); Indiana (Big Ten); Jacksonville (Atlantic Sun); McNeese State (Southland); Siena (MAAC); South Florida (American); Southern Illinois (MVC); Southern Miss (Conference USA); St. Bonaventure (A-10); Tennessee State (Ohio Valley); and UT Arlington (Sun Belt). Ten of the 16 teams advanced to postseason play in 2015.
The Preseason WNIT opens with first round action on November 13 with second round play being held November 15-17. The teams that lose in the first two rounds will play consolation games, November 20-21, while the winners advanced to the semifinals on November 19. The Preseason WNIT Championship will be held on November 22 and be televised live on CBS Sports Network.
Last season, Towson University represented the CAA in Preseason WNIT play. The Tigers fell on the road at Penn State and returned home host a pair of games against Rider (W, 53-51) and North Dakota (L, 54-52). It was the first time since 2012 in which a CAA squad was selected for the Preseason WNIT.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round