Mar 13, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
If you’re anywhere in shouting distance Friday, Saturday or Sunday, check out the CAA Women’s Basketball Tournament at the Showplace Arena in Upper Marlboro, Md. It’s the only game in town. Why should you come?
10. Given the address is on Pennsylvania Avenue, you never know if they’ll be an Obama siting.
9. The James Madison band rocks this place, plus the band sings!
8. Check out JMU point guard Angela Mickens, one of 15 up for the Lieberman Award and CAA Player of the Year Precious Hall.
7. See CAA double-doubles leader LaTorri Hines-Allen of Towson in person. Plus think 5-4 isn’t dangerous? Have you seen UNC Wilmington’s Kelva Atkins up close.
6. Welcome Elon to the party. The Phoenix are first-year CAA members. (Pst. Ask Elon Coach Charlotte Smith about her buzzer-winner that lifted North Carolina to its only national title.)
5. Marvel at the offensive scheme Denise Dillon’s Drexel Dragons frustrate opponents with.
4. Cheer on the winningest coach in Delaware history — Tina Martin.
3. Remember, Hofstra handed JMU its only CAA loss.
2. Peek at a William and Mary team that is the school’s best since 2006.
1. Why wouldn’t you come? See you this weekend!
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round