Jan 14, 2015, 11:56 AM EST
Taking home CAA Rookie of the Week honors has almost become second nature to Hofstra University’s Ashunae Durant. But this week, in addition to her fourth CAA Rookie of the Week nod, Durant was selected as the U.S. Basketball Writers Association (USBWA) Women’s National Freshman of the Week after averaging a double-double over three games for the Pride. She was also named the Corvias ECAC Metro/Upstate Women’s Basketball Rookie of the Week.
Durant averaged 13.0 points and 10.7 rebounds to help the Pride to a 3-0 week. She opened with week with 12 points and 10 rebounds against Northeastern. The guard followed that up with a career night at Drexel, with a 21-point, 17-rebound effort, and hit the game-winning basket.
Durant leads all CAA freshmen in scoring (10.9ppg) and in rebounding with 7.5 per game, which is also good for sixth in the conference. In addition, she is fifth in the CAA in field goal percentage, shooting 50.0 percent on the season. In conference games, Durant is averaging a double-double with 12.3 points and 10.0 rebounds per contest.
Hofstra is 11-4 on the season and sit atop the CAA with a 4-0 record in conference play.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Two Selected for WBCA's Coaching Program
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 22
- Big WBB Wins on Sunday
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Key WBB Match-Ups