Nov 12, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
We continue our Ten Teams in Ten Days preview series with Towson. Be sure to check back tomorrow for our final team preview.
Who’s Back: Preseason All-CAA First Team forward LaTorri Hines-Allen (Sr., 6-1, 14.1 ppg/8.4 rpg); Guard Dominique Johnson (Jr., 5-6, 10.3 ppg/2.3 rpg); Guard Markell Smith (Sr., 6-1, 4.4 ppg/5.8 rpg)
Who’s Gone: All-CAA First Team guard Tanisha McTiller (19.4 ppg/7.2 rpg); Forward Nyree Williams ( 5.3 ppg/7.3 rpg)
Who’s New: Guard Breonn Hughey (Fr., 5-4); Center Daijha Thomas (Fr., 6-3); Guard Ece Yurdakul (Fr., 5-6); Guard Shanea Butler (Fr., 6-0)
Where They’re Picked: Fifth
Tigers in a Nutshell: Towson looks to build off a solid 2013-14 and returns three starters, including LaTorri Hines-Allen. Head Coach Niki Reid Geckeler has also brought in six true freshmen to add depth. The Tigers will get their season off to a competitive start with the Preseason WNIT which begins with a trip to Penn State.
Coach Reid Geckeler Fun Fact: She’s only 5-foot-3. Get to know more about Coach Reid Geckeler by watching her exclusive 1-on-1 interview with Bobby Broyles.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Key WBB Match-Ups
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 8
- Road Teams Hold Advantage on Sunday
- An All Right Friday Night for WBB