Nov 10, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
We continue our Ten Teams in Ten Days preview series with UNCW. Be sure to check back every weekday at 11 a.m. for the latest preview.
Who’s Back: The entire starting five from one season ago. Preseason All-CAA First Team guard Kelva Atkins (Sr., 5-4, G; 15.8 ppg/5.5 rpg); Guard Brie Mobley (So., 5-8, 11.7 ppg/4.3 rpg); Forward Ryan Flowers (So., 6-2, 6.6 ppg/7.7 rpg); Guard Naqaiyyah Teague (So., 5-7, 6.3 ppg/5.0 rpg); Guard Amber Reeves (So., 5-9, 5.0 ppg/3.6 rpg)
Who’s New: Guard Shatia Cole (Jr., 5-6, transfer from Coastal Carolina); Guard Jasmine Steele (So., 5-1, transfer from Alabama); Forward Sarah Myatt (Sr., 6-2, transfer from Queens)
Where They’re Picked: Tenth
Seahawks in a Nutshell: UNCW continues to rebuild under third-year head coach Adell Harris. The youthful Seahawks return their entire starting five from last year, including the explosive Kelva Atkins. Coach Harris also welcomes three transfers who should make an impact.
Coach Harris Fun Fact: She penned an excerpt for a book. Get to know more about Coach Harris by watching her exclusive 1-on-1 interview with Bobby Broyles.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round
- Elon Falls to West Virginia in NCAA First Round
- Elon Opens Up NCAA Tournament Play vs West Virginia
- Women's #CAAHoops Weekly: Postseason