Mar 16, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
Delaware’s Lauren Carra can’t help but be a little bit wistful.
Carra was one of seven seniors on last year’s CAA-championship Delaware team that danced all the way to the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16.
On Sunday, the Delaware graduate student was behind the Delaware bench cheering for her Blue Hens against James Madison.
“It’s really emotional being on the outside looking in,” said Carra, working toward her master’s in special education. “I miss (basketball) a lot since the month of March started.”
Carra would like to be back on the floor soon — as a coach. She helped out former teammate Danielle Parker, jayvee coach at Ursuline Academy, this season and hopes to be a college assistant, ideally, one day, at Delaware.
And while this Blue Hen team is young, she believes they can pull the upset off a veteran JMU team.
“I’m biased,” she said. “But they practiced last year against the best WNBA player in the country.”
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview
- Five WBB Teams Headed to Postseason
- A look back at Elon's Run In #CAAChamps
- Elon Repeats as #CAAChamps
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Elon, Drexel Ready to Tangle in Finals