Mar 16, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
Delaware’s Lauren Carra can’t help but be a little bit wistful.
Carra was one of seven seniors on last year’s CAA-championship Delaware team that danced all the way to the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16.
On Sunday, the Delaware graduate student was behind the Delaware bench cheering for her Blue Hens against James Madison.
“It’s really emotional being on the outside looking in,” said Carra, working toward her master’s in special education. “I miss (basketball) a lot since the month of March started.”
Carra would like to be back on the floor soon — as a coach. She helped out former teammate Danielle Parker, jayvee coach at Ursuline Academy, this season and hopes to be a college assistant, ideally, one day, at Delaware.
And while this Blue Hen team is young, she believes they can pull the upset off a veteran JMU team.
“I’m biased,” she said. “But they practiced last year against the best WNBA player in the country.”
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Delaware's Natasha Adair Named USA Basketball Assistant Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament