Mar 14, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
No horses here at The Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Md (the arena doubles as an equestrian arena, you know).
We’re all about CAA women’s hoops for the next three days. Tipping off at noon Friday are tournament heavy James Madison (25-5) and UNCW (5-26). The Seahawks have already played a game on this floor, having defeated William and Mary in a 67-65 nail biter in Thursday afternoon’s first-round game.
As dominant as JMU has been this season — the Dukes’ lost CAA loss came at College of Charleston on Feb. 27 — can you really count out a Seahawks team that pushed top seed Delaware to the wire a year ago in this same round before the Blue Hens prevailed 51-43?
The last time UNCW beat JMU in the CAA tourney was 2000 when the Seahawks advanced to the title game.
Stay tuned. We’re here. Dukes are here. Seahawks are here. And the JMU band is rockin’ already!
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview
- Five WBB Teams Headed to Postseason
- A look back at Elon's Run In #CAAChamps
- Elon Repeats as #CAAChamps
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Elon, Drexel Ready to Tangle in Finals
- Defending Champ Elon Ousts JMU in Semifinals