Mar 14, 2014, 11:41 AM EDT
No horses here at The Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Md (the arena doubles as an equestrian arena, you know).
We’re all about CAA women’s hoops for the next three days. Tipping off at noon Friday are tournament heavy James Madison (25-5) and UNCW (5-26). The Seahawks have already played a game on this floor, having defeated William and Mary in a 67-65 nail biter in Thursday afternoon’s first-round game.
As dominant as JMU has been this season — the Dukes’ lost CAA loss came at College of Charleston on Feb. 27 — can you really count out a Seahawks team that pushed top seed Delaware to the wire a year ago in this same round before the Blue Hens prevailed 51-43?
The last time UNCW beat JMU in the CAA tourney was 2000 when the Seahawks advanced to the title game.
Stay tuned. We’re here. Dukes are here. Seahawks are here. And the JMU band is rockin’ already!
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Delaware's Natasha Adair Named USA Basketball Assistant Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win