Feb 14, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
In past months, the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee recommended changes based on feedback from fans about the postseason tournament. One of the main topics of focus became the fans’ displeasure of having to attend games on week nights. The committee recommended a change in play dates for the NCAA DI WBB Tournament, which the NCAA DI Cabinet approved on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
Beginning in 2015, the preliminary rounds of the DI WBB Championship will take place on a Friday through Monday schedule. Currently the schedule runs Saturday through Tuesday. Cabinet members also approved a similar schedule change for the Women’s Final Four, which will move to a Friday-Sunday pattern in 2017.
Committee and cabinet members believe the changes will increase attendance, improving the championship experience for participating student-athletes.
The CAA women’s basketball tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.
To read the entire article, visit NCAA.org
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Delaware's Natasha Adair Named USA Basketball Assistant Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win