Jan 12, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
The first full weekend of conference play is ahead in CAA basketball, with four women’s contests on Sunday all tipping at 2 p.m. Check out today’s CAA Game Day for your resources for links for Webstreams, Audio, Live Stats and Conference Notes.
Highlighting Sunday’s women’s schedule is the first match-up between two-time defending CAA champion Delaware and preseason league favorite James Madison. The Blue Hens are already off to a 2-0 start in conference play and have won 44 straight CAA contests. The Dukes, who are playing their CAA opener, won a league-high 10 non-conference games including victories over Virginia, UCLA, Pittsburgh and St. John’s.
College of Charleston plays its first home CAA game against William & Mary. The Cougars were beaten 68-55 at Drexel on Thursday while the Tribe fell 57-39 to Delaware. Northeastern and Towson meet at SECU Arena. Both teams got off to 1-0 CAA starts with conference road wins on Thursday as the Huskies topped UNCW 64-50 and the Tigers defeated Hofstra, 62-56. In Wilmington, UNCW faces Hofstra as both squads look to pick up their first CAA win.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round
- Elon Falls to West Virginia in NCAA First Round
- Elon Opens Up NCAA Tournament Play vs West Virginia
- Women's #CAAHoops Weekly: Postseason