Apr 3, 2013, 9:42 AM EST
University of Delaware women’s basketball senior Lauren Carra has been selected to participate in the State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships later this week.
The event will be held this Thursday, Apr. 4, at 7 p.m. at Georgia Techn’s McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta.
Carra will compete in the State Farm Women’s 3-Point Championship. Other individual events to be held include the Hampton Hotels Men’s 3-Point Championship, Pepsi MAX Battle of the Champions, and Denny’s Slam Dunk Championship. The events will all be broadcast on ESPN.
A guard for the Blue Hens, Carra was a major part of Delaware’s historic season, which included a 32-4 record, the Colonial Athletic Association title, a No. 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament, and the school’s first-ever trip to the Sweet 16.
An All-CAA second team selection this past season, Carra was also selected as a third team All-CAA member as a sophomore and a junior.
This season, Carra was the team’s second-leading scorer with 10.7 points per game. She sank 43 3-pointers and averaged 5.7 rebounds per game.
Earlier this year, Carra became the 23rd player in Blue Hen history to register 1,000 career points and finished 10th all-time with 1,275 career points. Carra also wrapped up her career in second place in school history with 171 3-pointers made.
Others that have been selected to the State Farm Women’s College 3-Point Championship so far are Blanche Alverson (Auburn), Alexa Deluzio (Florida State), Marissa Kastanek (North Carolina State), Kortni Jones (Middle Tennessee State), Aulani Sinclair (Indiana) and Kate Thompson (Michigan).
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Dec. 11
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Dec. 4
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 27
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll