Mar 16, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
Sunday’s 2 p.m. CAA championship game will feature conference unbeaten Delaware (29-3) vs No. 3 seed Drexel (22-9). The Dragons dismissed James Madison for the second consecutive season in the CAA semifinals.
When you think about James Madison the last two season, defense comes to mind, but what about the defense of the Drexel Dragons? Credit the Dragons stinginess for holding JMU to its lowest point total in the Kenny Brooks era that is 11 years long; the 34 points was also the second fewest points Drexel has held an opponent to all season. The Dragons defeated Colgate 51-33 on Nov. 24.
JMU scored just 14 points in the second half. Drexel has held its two CAA Tournament foes to a combined 65 points.
Drexel came into the tournament ranked behind CAA leader Delaware in scoring defense, giving up an average of 51.6 ppg.
James Madison would have loved 51 points in Saturday’s semifinal.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round