Mar 16, 2013, 6:18 PM EST
Sunday’s 2 p.m. CAA championship game will feature conference unbeaten Delaware (29-3) vs No. 3 seed Drexel (22-9). The Dragons dismissed James Madison for the second consecutive season in the CAA semifinals.
When you think about James Madison the last two season, defense comes to mind, but what about the defense of the Drexel Dragons? Credit the Dragons stinginess for holding JMU to its lowest point total in the Kenny Brooks era that is 11 years long; the 34 points was also the second fewest points Drexel has held an opponent to all season. The Dragons defeated Colgate 51-33 on Nov. 24.
JMU scored just 14 points in the second half. Drexel has held its two CAA Tournament foes to a combined 65 points.
Drexel came into the tournament ranked behind CAA leader Delaware in scoring defense, giving up an average of 51.6 ppg.
James Madison would have loved 51 points in Saturday’s semifinal.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Key WBB Match-Ups
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 8
- Road Teams Hold Advantage on Sunday
- An All Right Friday Night for WBB