Mar 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Quarterfinal Friday tips off at noon at The Show Place Arena. Live action can be seen on CAA.TV throughout the day. Fans can also listen on CAA.TV as well as using the league’s iPhone and iPad apps (Free login required). Visit CAASports.com/mobile for details on the the mobile apps.
No. 2 James Madison (21-9) vs. No. 7 Towson (12-17)
When: 5 p.m. Friday
What you need to know about the Dukes: Senior point guard and CAA first-teamer Tarik Hislop leads a youthful, versatile offensive bunch. While it’s Hislop (16.6 ppg) who is the clutch shooter, junior Kirby Burkholder is lethal behind the arc, and sophomore Toia Giggetts is the most consistent on the team (.511 FG percentage). CAA Freshman of the Year Precious Hall has moved into the starting lineup and gives this Dukes offense yet another option. While this team misses defensive stopper Nikki Newman – out for the season with a foot injury – these Dukes have proven resilant and came within a bucket of upsetting Delaware in Newark on Feb. 24. The Dukes swept the series with Towson this season with ease.
What you need to know about the Tigers: Towson won its final three and five of its last six – the lone loss came to JMU 79-45. Tanisha McTiller has done it all for the Tigers this season, averaging 18.5 ppg, good for third in the CAA. Turnovers have hurt the Tigers this year; Towson’s turnover margin is 10th in the league, and the Tigers rank last in assists. Joe Mathews is coaching Towson for the last time in the CAA Tournament, as his contract was not renewed.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round
- Elon Falls to West Virginia in NCAA First Round