Mar 15, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
All of Denise Dillon’s teams at Drexel have a remarkable capacity for steady, patient play, and the group routing William and Mary is no different.
Crisp, clean passing culminating in points defines Drexel on this night, with five players draining at least one 3-pointer. Senior Hollie Mershon and freshman Megan Creighton have three apiece.
The Tribe, which hasn’t advanced past the CAA Tournament quarterfinals since 2001, continues to struggle against a Drexel team that is dominating possession and making life in the paint impossible for senior Emily Correal. The Tribe’s leading scorer, with a 16.8 ppg average, hasn’t converted on five field-goal attempts.
Drexel up 58-25 with 7:39 left.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round