Jan 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
Old Dominion University will recognize local and national celebrity Charles the Monarch this Sunday at the Ted Constant Convocation Center when the Lady Monarchs square off against CAA preseason favorite Delaware at 2 p.m.
Charles will pose for pictures in the lobby of the Ted with fans from 1-2 p.m. and then will be recognized at halftime of Old Dominion’s CAA match-up with the Blue Hens.
Earlier this week, multiple 911 calls were made in Norfolk of a reported baby lion sighting, which turned out to be a three-year old Labrador-Poodle mix named Charles who was groomed by his owner, Daniel Painter, to look like the Old Dominion University mascot. Read the full story by the Virginian-Pilot.
Along with multiple appearances on local television stations in Hampton Roads, Charles has made appearances on NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s Good Morning America and CNN’s Anderson Cooper Live and The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer. In addition, his story has spread world wide via the Huffington Post.
For more information on Charles’ appearance and for tickets to the game logon to ODUSports.com.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule