Oct 16, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
It’s a veteran William and Mary team with five seniors, including All-CAA second-teamer Emily Correal. But it’s a brand new staff for coach Debbie Taylor, who has added assistants Kelly Morrone and Beth Bradley (joining Will Ingersoll, in his third season).
A word to describe your team:
Talk about senior forward Correal, 6-3, who posted 11 double-doubles last season and averaged 13.2 ppg and 8.6 rpg.
She’s worked in the weight room and she’s worked on her perimeter game. She’s such a competitor. She runs with the guards. She’s 6-3 and she runs guard time. The hardest part with our group is there’s so much scoring firepower on our team that we need to find the distribution and share the basketball. A lot of our emphasis this year will be our post game with Emily, Jaclyn McKenna and Kaitlyn Mathieu. We’re going to have one of the best post games in the league. We’re going to win by committee. We don’t have a superstar. We have really good players.
On your new staff:
It’s exciting; they’re great. We had this happen eight years ago when Kyra (Kaylor) was Player of the Year. We’ve got some new energy and it’s welcome.
On finishing strong down the stretch in games:
We’ve got to be better defensively. We gave up too many offensive rebounds.
On what you did for fun during the offseason.
I went to the beach a lot and did a lot of running, half marathons.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round