Oct 16, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
It’s a veteran William and Mary team with five seniors, including All-CAA second-teamer Emily Correal. But it’s a brand new staff for coach Debbie Taylor, who has added assistants Kelly Morrone and Beth Bradley (joining Will Ingersoll, in his third season).
A word to describe your team:
Talk about senior forward Correal, 6-3, who posted 11 double-doubles last season and averaged 13.2 ppg and 8.6 rpg.
She’s worked in the weight room and she’s worked on her perimeter game. She’s such a competitor. She runs with the guards. She’s 6-3 and she runs guard time. The hardest part with our group is there’s so much scoring firepower on our team that we need to find the distribution and share the basketball. A lot of our emphasis this year will be our post game with Emily, Jaclyn McKenna and Kaitlyn Mathieu. We’re going to have one of the best post games in the league. We’re going to win by committee. We don’t have a superstar. We have really good players.
On your new staff:
It’s exciting; they’re great. We had this happen eight years ago when Kyra (Kaylor) was Player of the Year. We’ve got some new energy and it’s welcome.
On finishing strong down the stretch in games:
We’ve got to be better defensively. We gave up too many offensive rebounds.
On what you did for fun during the offseason.
I went to the beach a lot and did a lot of running, half marathons.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule