Oct 16, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Towson coach Joe Mathews returns for his 12th season and welcomes a new staff in Tiffany Coll and Christie Rogers (who join Jonathan Mason, in his second season).
A word to describe your team
Talk about Tanisha McTiller’s offseason
The entire team stayed during the summer. Tanisha is a gym rat; she gets there early and stays late. She has the opportunity to really explode offensively, and we need her to this year. She came here as a raw athletic kid with little skill and never looked to shoot the ball. She didn’t take a 3 her freshman year and led us in 3s last year. She wants to be good. She works at it and has a great basketball IQ. I’d be real surprised if she didn’t have a fantastic year.
Talk about your sophomores.
That’s the biggest thing for us this year; Destiny Shearin and Ciara Webb need to step and place some voids the graduating class left. Those are two kids we’ll look to right away.
You have a brand new staff!
It was good for me in that it makes you look in the mirror and re-evaluate your program and where you want to go with it. They each bring something different. Tiffany Coll will be our recruiting coordinator, and she won some championships at Lehigh. Christie is a local Maryland girl, so I love getting her back home. Jonathan is an x’s and o’s players, so we’ll lean on him for player development and scouting. I like the blend we have.
Something fun you did during the offseason:
I went to the Greenbrier (White Sulfur Spring, W.V.) with my wife and two daughters for vacation. We had a great time.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round
- Elon Falls to West Virginia in NCAA First Round