Sep 9, 2012, 2:59 AM EST
Hempstead, NY – Hofstra University Head Women’s Basketball Coach Krista Kilburn-Steveskey will take part in the 4Kay Golf Classic next week in Charleston, South Carolina.
The two-day event is on September 9-10 with golf occurring on the 10th.
“I am very honored and excited to be part of the 4Kay Golf Classic,” commented Kilburn-Steveskey. “Coach Yow and the fight against cancer are two things that are very near and dear to my heart and I can’t wait to be there with my colleagues to help raise money for such a worthy cause.”
The 4Kay Golf Classic is an annual event hosted by the Kay Yow Cancer Fund which provides coaches, fans, administrators and supporters in the fight against women’s cancers the opportunity to come together in the spirit of camaraderie to engage in some friendly competition, while raising money for scientific research. It was Coach Yow’s vision to gather a nation of coaches in one setting for a cause much greater than any on-court rivalry.
Since the inaugural year 2007, the 4Kay Golf Classic has evolved into a unique event at which coaches leave behind their playbooks to focus on making a difference in the fight against women’s cancers as a collective whole. Coaches join athletic administrators, women’s basketball fans, game officials, etc. for a common cause – raising funds to support scientific research.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule