Aug 2, 2012, 2:17 PM EDT
Hempstead, NY – Hofstra University Women’s Basketball players Candace Bond and Anma Onyeuku will take part in an international basketball competition this summer as the duo will travel to Belgium, Germany and France with the Global Sports Academy for a Summer Collegiate Basketball Tour.
“I am a big fan of international competition for all of our players,” commented Hofstra Head Coach Krista Kilburn-Steveskey. “This is a fantastic opportunity that Candace and Anma have in front of them and it will certainly help in their development. Promoting international goodwill through the game of basketball is another huge part of this trip and I am proud of them as I was with Candice Bellocchio and Shante Evans previously.”
The 10-member team will be coached by Denise King, an assistant coach at Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, Maryland, and will take part in the international competition from August 7-15.
The team will play a total of five games during the nine-day trip to Europe. The trip will begin in Belgium before heading to Germany. The final stop on the three-country trip will be France.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round
- Elon Falls to West Virginia in NCAA First Round