Mar 13, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
The Colonial Athletic Association champion Delaware was selected as the three-seed in the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament. Delaware captured its first CAA crown on Sunday to earn the conference’s automatic bid, while Drexel, Hofstra, James Madison, UNCW, and VCU have been selected for the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.
For the seventh consecutive season at least three CAA teams advanced to the postseason and for third straight year at least six teams advanced to the postseason. It’s also the 12th consecutive season the CAA will have a representative in the WNIT, as the CAA is just one of three conferences to see five teams in the postseason tournament. The Pac-12 and Atlantic 10 also saw five conference teams advance to the postseason event.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round