Mar 13, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
The Colonial Athletic Association champion Delaware was selected as the three-seed in the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament. Delaware captured its first CAA crown on Sunday to earn the conference’s automatic bid, while Drexel, Hofstra, James Madison, UNCW, and VCU have been selected for the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.
For the seventh consecutive season at least three CAA teams advanced to the postseason and for third straight year at least six teams advanced to the postseason. It’s also the 12th consecutive season the CAA will have a representative in the WNIT, as the CAA is just one of three conferences to see five teams in the postseason tournament. The Pac-12 and Atlantic 10 also saw five conference teams advance to the postseason event.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule