Mar 13, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
The Colonial Athletic Association champion Delaware was selected as the three-seed in the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament. Delaware captured its first CAA crown on Sunday to earn the conference’s automatic bid, while Drexel, Hofstra, James Madison, UNCW, and VCU have been selected for the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.
For the seventh consecutive season at least three CAA teams advanced to the postseason and for third straight year at least six teams advanced to the postseason. It’s also the 12th consecutive season the CAA will have a representative in the WNIT, as the CAA is just one of three conferences to see five teams in the postseason tournament. The Pac-12 and Atlantic 10 also saw five conference teams advance to the postseason event.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview
- Five WBB Teams Headed to Postseason
- A look back at Elon's Run In #CAAChamps
- Elon Repeats as #CAAChamps
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Elon, Drexel Ready to Tangle in Finals