Mar 9, 2012, 7:47 PM EST
Here’s the explanation from Blue Hens coach Tina Martin about refusing to give her assistant Jeanine Radice a Diet Coke while the staff took in Thursday’s first-round games. Radice gave up Diet Coke for Lent.
“I was being a team player,” Martin said — fitting considering how well her Hens play team ball.
Martin was kind enough to hand deliver her staff a pizza and offer some to the JMU folks sitting nearby.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 22
- Big WBB Wins on Sunday
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Key WBB Match-Ups
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 8