Mar 9, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
Here’s the explanation from Blue Hens coach Tina Martin about refusing to give her assistant Jeanine Radice a Diet Coke while the staff took in Thursday’s first-round games. Radice gave up Diet Coke for Lent.
“I was being a team player,” Martin said — fitting considering how well her Hens play team ball.
Martin was kind enough to hand deliver her staff a pizza and offer some to the JMU folks sitting nearby.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Elon's Johnson Head to Africa with Athletes in Action
- UD Tabs Natasha Adair as WBB Head Coach
- Barefoot Named UNCW Women's Basketball Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- Charlotte Smith Named ECAC Coach of the Year
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- JMU Advances, Drexel Falls Short in WNIT Second Round
- JMU, Drexel Advance to WNIT Second Round