Oct 18, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
George Mason didn’t do enough of the little things right last season, said coach Jeri Porter.
“The other day in practice, we just focused on shooting,” she said. “We were third in the league in scoring defense and we finished eighth. We just didn’t have enough offense.
“We’re talking a lot moe. We’re talented enough to compete. We just have to do the little things.”
Porter is excited about freshmen Rachel McNair and Talisha Watts, noting, “They add to our length and athleticism. I think we lacked a strong presence inside and that’s something that needs to change.”
BTW, freshman Annie Lawler will redshirt the season due to ongoing back issues.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 22
- Big WBB Wins on Sunday
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- #CAAHoops Weekly: Key WBB Match-Ups
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 8