Oct 18, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
When you see VCU’s Beth Cunningham, you can’t help but ask? Cunningham gave birth to 6-pound, 14-ounce Margaret Jane on Aug. 24.
“I texted my players from the hospital and somebody texted back and said, ‘Welcome to the family, MJ!’ “
At nearly 11 pounds now, MJ doesn’t have her first basketball yet (we have a feeling that will change with baby’s first Christmas pending), and Cunningham is learning how to juggle motherhood with head coaching.’
“They say sleep when she sleeps,” Cunningham said, admitting that leaves her wondering that age-old, new-mother question, “How am I going to get everything done?”
One change: 7 to 10 am practices on Tuesdays and Thursday, which works great for the baby and many of the Rams upperclassmen, who have afternoon classes on those days.
Speaking of the Rams, we can’t wait to see the newcomers that Cunningham was crowing about, particularly 6-3 April McRae.
“One of the biggest areas we’ve tried to improve is the post,” Cunningham said. “April’s scoring is going to help us. She’s a big, physical player and it’s great to see how much she’s pushing Chelsea (Snyder) in practice.”
One injury of note: 6-2 freshman center Kiana Trice-Hill is out with a torn ACL.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 10
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 3
- William & Mary's Boggs Named Senior CLASS Candidate
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 26
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 12
- #CAAHoops Women's Season Tips Off Tuesday Night
- CAA Women's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- James Madison Favored to Win CAA Women's Basketball Championship
- CAA Basketball Media Days Set for Oct. 17-18