Oct 18, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
When you see VCU’s Beth Cunningham, you can’t help but ask? Cunningham gave birth to 6-pound, 14-ounce Margaret Jane on Aug. 24.
“I texted my players from the hospital and somebody texted back and said, ‘Welcome to the family, MJ!’ “
At nearly 11 pounds now, MJ doesn’t have her first basketball yet (we have a feeling that will change with baby’s first Christmas pending), and Cunningham is learning how to juggle motherhood with head coaching.’
“They say sleep when she sleeps,” Cunningham said, admitting that leaves her wondering that age-old, new-mother question, “How am I going to get everything done?”
One change: 7 to 10 am practices on Tuesdays and Thursday, which works great for the baby and many of the Rams upperclassmen, who have afternoon classes on those days.
Speaking of the Rams, we can’t wait to see the newcomers that Cunningham was crowing about, particularly 6-3 April McRae.
“One of the biggest areas we’ve tried to improve is the post,” Cunningham said. “April’s scoring is going to help us. She’s a big, physical player and it’s great to see how much she’s pushing Chelsea (Snyder) in practice.”
One injury of note: 6-2 freshman center Kiana Trice-Hill is out with a torn ACL.
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 13
- 2017-18 WBB Season Tips Off on Friday
- Hofstra's Durant Named to McClain Award Watch List
- WBB #CAAChamps Tickets On Sale Friday
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- #CAAHoops Digital Media Days Set For Oct. 18-19
- CAA Announces WBB Schedule