Mar 10, 2011, 11:36 PM EDT
Punch the Delaware sophomore’s name into Google and 1.3 million hits come up. It’s hard to find a question she hasn’t been asked, but we tried.
You know the story. High school to UConn and back home again to Delaware. Burned out from basketball, she joins the volleyball team, plays a season and joins the basketball team as a redshirt freshman. Battles an injury last year stemming from stepping in a hole en route to her car; wins CAA Player of the Year honors. Starts this season on a tear before being overcome by a mysterious illness. Is tested for Lou Gehrig’s, MS — and is finally discovered to have Lyme disease. She has been back in the lineup for the last 12 games after missing 11 and on Wednesday night was named to the conference first team.
1. If your life were a reality show — and let’s face it, it has been — what would the title be? “That’s a really good question. Probably ‘Follow Your Heart.’ Because all of the decisions I made ended up being for the best and I followed my heart. I am just so happy now.”
2. Do you ever type your name into Google? “Sometimes. It’s cool and creepy at the same time. It’s especially weird to see some of the pictures. I’m like, ‘Where did that come from?’ “
3. Your secret indulgence? “I love to take baths. Even though I’m 6-5, I love bathing, love bubble baths.”
4. Are you a reader? “During the summer, yes. I love the ‘Twilight Series,’ and I really want to read the Jodi Picoult’s book about the boy who has Aspergers.
5. What team has done the best job of defending you? “Probably Old Dominion. They do a good job at throwing a whole bunch of good defenses at me.”
And one more …..
6. Did you pick up that tick from hiking? “Actually I think it was from my dogs. I have two, Max, a Great Dane and Rylie, a Puggle (pug/beagle mix). The Great Dane is 175 pounds and people say we look alike. We’re both blond with black eyebrows.”
About CAA Baseline Buzz
#CAAHoops On YouTube
@CAABasketball on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
- Delaware's Natasha Adair Named USA Basketball Assistant Coach
- #CAAHoops Final Report
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win